I wonder Where My Halo Went . . .get the super glue

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

FINAL BLOG

This will be my final blog for a long time as I am now in the stages of finishing up work and packing.

1. My last day of work is Tuesday, June 5th. There have been lunches and lots of niceties and so it makes it a little harder to leave but I know it's the right thing to do. On Friday we have a one day TRANSIT strike to prove they can shut down the city and cause problems, I think we learned that from the last time but the Mayor seems to have forgotten. Anyhow, I will work from home on Friday.

2. My list is being checked off and slowly, things are being done.

3. My packing has begun and the house is beginning to look so different. Kevin and I are taking a couple hours each night to pack up a room. He takes the boxes out to the garage and puts them the correct pile cause I am organizing now so the packing into the Cargo trailer must be planned correctly.

4. OH yes, then there is the Cargo Trailer, a 7 by 16 foot Cargo trailer to haul our belongings back to the rock. It's funny cause most of what we hear is, DO YOU THINK YOU WILL GET ALL YOUR STUFF IN THAT TRAILER? ah yeah DUH! It's 7ft wide, 6ft high and 16ft long...and I was born in the SALVATION ARMY and I am THE PACKER OF ALL TIME.... yes, it will fit all of our stuff cause I can assure you I can fit anything into anything......
but we usually say well, that trailer is not for our furniture...."IT'S FOR ALL OUR MONEY" hahahaha (Oh the looks)

5. We now have a realtor on the rock... and he is working diligently to find us a home. It seems everything we like is SOLD or SALE PENDING. I guess things are hopping in the St. John's area so we are going to wait till we get there to spend time going around and seeing what we like and don't like. I know for sure 9 times out of 10 I will have to paint and replace flooring cause whenever PINK and BLUE came in, it never left.

6. We have looked at the job situation and it is looking good, and have a couple of prospects at the moment but we usually get "WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO THERE?" ARE YOU SEMI-RETIRING? A no ....we are going to be working. Yeah, they work there they really do and not everyone is a bum...really! Are we going to be doing well, Yes we will because we will have no mortgage and no debt...yeah, it's going to be nice. Am I going to try to find a house that I can drive a ski-doo out the back yard, dam tootin'.

7. Well, must get going. ADIOS! Goodbye and I wish everyone a wonderful summer.

If I come back to blogging, I might need to supply the NEWFIE Dictionary!.... haha
SO "Long may your jib draw" (English: A good wish for the future)

Farewell, wish us luck and pray for a safe journey across Canada.
BYE

3 Comments:

  • please let us know if you are making any pit stops in the TO area! even for 1 night:) and please don't completely leave our blogging world...with leslie and ruby moving back, we now have lots of reasons to ?jib our draw????

    By Blogger Jenn, at 9:11 AM  

  • Thanks Jenn, that's nice of you.
    We hear that Northern Ontario is Construction city so we may have to reroute. We will have two vehicles and one pulling a trailer so if we can we will certainly give you a call if possible.

    Leslie and Ruby are moving back too??? To Gambo?
    We have talked to a lot of people out here that are moving back EAST, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Montreal, Halifax and NFLD. There seems to be an EXODUS happening, they even reported it on the news. Guess my timing might be right on! haha You and Kevin will certainly be welcomed to visit us anytime....

    By Blogger Wanda, at 6:51 PM  

  • i think they will move closer to the "big city" of gander. but unless something crazy happens, i think they will be back by x-mas. and don't worry - we will now have a reason to fly into st john's instead of gander!

    By Blogger Jenn, at 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home