I wonder Where My Halo Went . . .get the super glue

Friday, August 03, 2007

It's just like living in "PARADISE"

Hello people! or the one or two that actually give a damn about commenting on my blog.. haha.

We made it!
The trip started on June 20th, 2007 after a bit of delay because of lawyers. Don't you love Lawyers? They do not like to be organized and so they wait till the last minute to request information that might take up to 4 days to process...thus our delay!

Finally after all of that stress and bitching with the lawyers, we got on the road at around 7:45 am and we arrived in Brandon, Manitoba that evening around 8:30 pm. All the way across it was a very pleasant drive considering that Kevin was pulling the CARGO trailer and I was right behind him. We had Walkie Talkies that our neighbors had given us in CAlgary as a going away gift and boy they did come in handy. The scenery was spectacular and we couldn't believe that we were actually doing it! We were moving back. It was surreal!

Finally after a night in Brandon, Manitoba, Nipegon, Ontario, Pewa, Ontario, and a night in New Bruinswick, we arrived 7 hours early in Sydney, NOva Scotia. We sat up on the top of the terminal and watched the boats and ferries go by as well as all the people. It was a beautiful day, the weather was warm and there was a breeze right off the salt water. It was fantastic! WE soaked it in.

We crossed the Atlantic ocean from Sydney, Nova Scotia to Port Aux Basques, Newfoundland on the Leif Erickson Ferry at 2 am in the morning. My first time driving on and off a ferry by myself I might add. I was a little anxious but it worked out just fine. We got a night cabin and we were able to get some sleep and a shower by the time she docked in Port Aux Basques at 9:30 am Newfoundland time and we arrived at my brother's in Clarenville by 5:45 pm on Tuesday, June 26th, 2007. My brother stored our CARGO trailer which he still has and we parked Kevin's truck "BIG RED" and we stayed a couple of days then headed into St. John's.

It's been quite the ride:
WE purchased a house with a piece of land which we move into in about 3 weeks or so. It's a cute bungalow and we are excited about getting settled again. We have a few reno's to do, nothing major and the yard work will need to be overhauled by next spring/summer. We will be living in "PARADISE". That's the name of the town. It's just a few minutes outside of St. John's.

Kevin is working for the summer doing his usually stuff 'CRIBBING'. He has signed up for a few courses in Sept/Oct to try out for a different career. I am working for ManPower Professionals on Contract and am finishing up a 3 week assignment at the NEWDOCK Dockyard, downtown St. John's. It's been a hoot! I love the accents, and the Oh my Love, Oh that's alright ducky, oh don't you worry about that my dear.... it's just unreal! I takes me all of less than 5 minutes to get to work...I can't get over it!

In the meantime, I have found a doctor who has been putting me through a great deal of tests. I have been sent to Emergency, had blood work, CAT Scans and am now heading for more tests and a possible biopsy. I have an autoimmune disease that I am now dealing with and this doctor has begun to take care of me unlike the one I had in Calgary for nearly 14 years who missed many things. I am hoping for this to be cured and I can go back to being my normal self but all in due time. I was dealing with this stuff in Calgary and the swollen ankles should have given away a BIG sign along with all the other symptoms I was experiencing at the time but I am now on the MEND! I can honestly say I feel "I am getting quality care".

The girls are working and busy. Both are heading back to Memorial in September to continue with their degree's. It's been great to be able to see them more often.

We are headed to Clarenville this weekend for my brother's and sister-in-law's 29th Wedding Anniversary. There will be FIREWORKS! Gawd I love it!... ha ha

Anyway, please send all comments and replies to wcr11962@hotmail.com if this should not work right now....

Take Care!

Bye for now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home