I wonder Where My Halo Went . . .get the super glue

Monday, October 01, 2007

OCTOBER

OCTOBER, what I like about October is the changing of the colors of the trees... although it does signify a death of some sort...it's just so darn pretty.

October also brings memories of Harvest Festival at church where everyone used to bring veggies and fruit and so on to put in front of the alter for Thanksgiving. We used to sneak in and grab an apple now and then without anyone knowing. Most people didn't realize that we didn't get too much back then.

Thanksgiving is such a nice time to get together with friends and family and eat Turkey, yum....

When we look out our window we overlook a pond and there are trees all around that are now starting to change color. It is beginning to look so pretty! It's a bit cooler now and soon we will be heading into Christmas, my favorite time of the year.

Lately, I have been temping at my old employer but here in St. JOhn's...what a lovely week I have had. Everyone is very laid back and professional. I have really enjoyed it.

Everyone is doing well, busy and happy. Whipper (Robyn's dog) has taken a shine to Kevin and me, but mostly Kevin who supplies sneaky treats under the table. She is such a cute dog and is such a GIRL that if you don't pet her she will whine as if to say, HEY, why are you not petting me? I need you to love me now.... hurry up will you? She is filling the void of our OREO...

We are still organizing at the house and doing some renos...it should all be up to par by the end of October I hope. Life is slowly settling in and becoming normal again... ha ha

2 Comments:

  • i'm glad that you have a puppy in your life again! now we can add ANOTHER place we can stary when we come to newfieland...hmmm...maybe a little bit presumptious!

    By Blogger Jenn, at 2:42 PM  

  • slsounds like you are so happy and conteted to be home - but i'm sure i nkow some people that really miss you guys!!!

    By Blogger Jenn, at 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home